Silicon Labs Showcases Smart Home and Building Automation Connectivity Solutions at Embedded World
Silicon Labs will showcase its latest Wireless Gecko connectivity solutions for smart home, lighting and building automation applications at Embedded World 2019. Hands-on demonstrations at Silicon Labs’ Booth 4A-128 highlight easy-to-deploy Bluetooth® mesh and Bluetooth 5 solutions, device-to-cloud connectivity with low-power Wi-Fi®, Zigbee® home automation and control, and next-generation Z-Wave® 700 smart home solutions.
“Silicon Labs offers IoT developers the essential hardware and software building blocks and tools they need to add wireless connectivity to their smart home and building automation products,” said Raoul Wijgergangs, Vice President and General Manager of Smart Home and Consumer Products at Silicon Labs. “From Bluetooth mesh to Wi-Fi to Zigbee and Z-Wave, we offer the full range of low-power connectivity options, and our Embedded World demos and expert engineers will show how easy it is to get started with wireless design.”
Silicon Labs Demos at Booth 4A-128
Bluetooth Xpress Solutions: Discover how to add Bluetooth 5 connectivity to end node designs with zero programming and no Bluetooth expertise. Pre-certified BGX13 Bluetooth Xpress PCB and SiP modules provide the easiest wireless development path.
Bluetooth Mesh Networking: Create secure, reliable, large-scale Bluetooth mesh networks based on Silicon Labs’ Wireless Gecko devices, Bluetooth mesh software, SDKs and tools. See how easy it is to implement a Bluetooth mesh for smart lighting.
Low-Power Wi-Fi: Add low-power, cloud-connected Wi-Fi to your IoT designs with little to no programming. Silicon Labs’ Wi-Fi devices – including the world’s smallest Wi-Fi SiP module with a built-in antenna – deliver best-in-class energy savings for longer battery life by slashing power consumption in half.
Zigbee Smart Home Control: Seamlessly control Zigbee-enabled, interoperable smart home devices from multiple name brand vendors. See how multiprotocol connectivity with Zigbee and Bluetooth Low energy can enhance the home consumer experience.
Z-Wave 700: Unlock the potential of the smart home with Z-Wave 700 based on the Wireless Gecko platform. Z-Wave 700 builds on industry-leading S2 security and interoperability and adds major improvements in energy efficiency, battery life and wireless range, enabling developers to create new classes of smaller, more intelligent smart home products.
Silicon Labs’ connectivity, security and embedded experts will deliver the following conference presentations at Embedded World (NCC Ost):
- • “Context-Aware Smart Home – Opening the Eyes of AI in the Home through Sensors?” 10:00 – 10:30 a.m., Session 8.1: Intelligent Systems I Applications
- • “Techniques for Securing Low-Cost Embedded Devices,” 10:00 – 10:30, Session 4.1 I: HW-based Security I
- • “Making Products Safer and More Secure with an MPU,” 11:30 – 12:00, Session 4.1 I: HW-based Security I
- • “Supercharging BLE Beacons with Bluetooth 5,” 12:00 – 12:30, Session 2.2: Communication II Bluetooth
- • “The Benefits and Challenges of a Common Software Platform for IoT Development,” 14:30 – 15:00, Session 2.5: Communication V Wireless Multiprotocol
- • “Extending the Abilities of Battery-Powered End Nodes through Better Power Supply Design,” 15:00 – 15:30, Session 5.4: Power Supply
- • “Radio Scheduling in Dynamic Multiprotocol Applications,” 15:00 – 15:30, Session 2.5: Communication V Wireless Multiprotocol
- • “Simplifying Product Returns Through Device Security,” 17:00 – 17:30, Session 4.3 II: Security Architectures & Hacking II
- • “Common Pitfalls in IoT Security Implementations and How to Avoid Them,” 9:30 – 10:00, Session 4.4 I: Securing IoT I
- • “Finding the Right Security Level for Your IoT Application,” 10:30 – 11:00, Session 4.4 I: Securing IoT I
- • “Uncovering Real-Time Bugs with specialized RTOS Tools,” 14:30-15:00, Session 6.6: Software Engineering V Software Quality II
# # #
Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) is a leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world. Our award-winning technologies are shaping the future of the Internet of Things, Internet infrastructure, industrial automation, consumer and automotive markets. Our world-class engineering team creates products focused on performance, energy savings, connectivity and simplicity. silabs.com